@whiskeylegs living up to her name w a delicious figgy sour. Perfect packing fuel for two days in NYC with some faves. #sorryinadvanceforpotentiallyweirdoutfits
Even though its a little chilly today, we can’t say no to this treat.
Ohmigosh looks just like yogurt pump and I need.
“That could work. In the romantic comedy version of this scenario we’d have to move in together after that first date though. I *just* moved so don’t get any ideas.”
- I like to establish a clear history of creepiness before any first dates. I find it really culls the herd nicely. #helaughedsoweregood
“Kim Kardashian—and maybe Kim Kardashian alone—has figured out how to make a fortune on the countless hours of emotional labor most women are expected to perform for free: smiling, looking pretty, being accommodating, being charming, being a good hostess. These are the skills a celebrity appearance entails. Anyone who’s performed them knows in their bones these activities are actual labor, and I encourage those who disagree to spend three hours sitting absolutely still in makeup chair and consider further. If wearing fully-styled hair and makeup at all times were actually effortless, a lot more people would do it, and I’d quit my job and buy stock in false eyelashes. Kim Kardashian is what getting paid for “women’s” work looks like.”
I wrote about why Kim Kardashian: Hollywood is so important for Brooklyn Magazine
theme of the
week month: Kardashians.
buy something on ebay
realize your ebay gift certificate isn’t linked to your paypal. #somanyfirstworldproblemstoday
#tbt “You got some candy in that hand for me, Pike? I got water wings on so cramping isn’t an issue” Edition.
They call each other E. Elvis picks
wildflowers near the river and brings
them to Emily. She explains half-rhymes to him.
In heaven Emily wears her hair long, sports
Levis and western blouses with rhinestones.
Elvis is lean again, wears baggy trousers
and T-shirts, a letterman’s jacket from Tupelo High.
They take long walks and often hold hands.
She prefers they remain just friends. Forever.
Emily’s poems now contain naugahyde, Cadillacs,
Electricity, jets, TV, Little Richard and Richard
Nixon. The rock-a-billy rhythm makes her smile.
Elvis likes himself with style. This afternoon
he will play guitar and sing “I Taste a Liquor
Never Brewed” to the tune of “Love Me Tender.”
Emily will clap and harmonize. Alone
in their cabins later, they’ll listen to the river
and nap. They will not think of Amherst
or Las Vegas. They know why God made them
roommates. It’s because America
was their hometown. It’s because
God is a thing
without feathers. It’s because
God wears blue suede shoes.
Well, that went pretty much how I figured it would…so same deal as last time.
- I’m not affiliated with Emily McDowell in any way other than being a huge fan of her work. I mean, full-full disclosure: I got called for an interview there, but I was already working in TV so I basically cried into my pillow because DREAM JOB.
- I will be buying the mugs with my own cash-money. I’ll get them in the mail to you ASAP. We are in the middle of our casting tour around the country (Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, LA), so you’ll definitely have it by the end of the month - but don’t hold me to next day shipping. Basically just don’t be a dick. I like doing nice shit for people - don’t fuck that up.
- You don’t have to follow to “win” - not into that. Just comment your favorite mug and I’ll do a drawing.
- I’ll post the winners at 10a on Wednesday, September 10.
- If you win, send me a message with your address.
- If you work somewhere that would frown upon you having a mug that says “fucked” on it, let me know.
eyyyy loving that shut up, mug. I never win things so I can’t wait to buy this on etsy!